The Best Deer Feeder Reviews And More
If you're reading this, you are probably in search of the best deer feeder for your hunting activities or grow deer in your area. Well, that's really good because you deserve nothing but the best!
And before you settle for a particular feeder, it's crucial that you have the right knowledge in choosing a deer feeder.
But the biggest challenge a lot of hunters are facing right now is how to get good deer feeders that will do a great work and produce desired result.
Best Deer Feeder
Challenges With a Deer Feeder
- Feeders that target the wrong animals
- Deer feeders that are both capital and labor intensive
- Less attractive deer feeders that take a while for deer to get used to it.
And trust me; the above issues aren't what will promote a great hunting experience.
Right now, you may probably be saying, “I get it, but how can I get the best deer feeder?”
Don't worry! I know the struggle of getting the right game feeders that will lure the deer to take the bait. And that is what this article is all about.
You are going to find out what to consider before choosing a deer feeder for your hunting adventure.
But first, let's look at the various types of feeders currently in the market. One thing you need to keep in mind is that deer feeders come in different shapes and sizes. You may want to go for the one that suits your way of hunting.
Major Types of Feeders on the Market
As the name implies this type of feeder works with gravity; the feeder is constructed in a way that allows the food to fall to where it makes a little pile.
The attention of the deer is attracted to the serving area where it can quickly eat up the feeds. This kind of feeder is great if you are trying to lure the deer from its usual habitat to where you can easily observe.
The timer feeder allows you to set the best time to feed the deer. You get to decide the time you want the food to be available for the deer to eat. You can set the timer to the number of times you want the food to drop.
This is great because it prevents other animals from eating up the deer's food even before the deer comes around.
If you want to know the exact time to hunt for deer, then you may probably need this type of deer feeder.
The feeder allows you to attach multiple cameras on it, and enables you to know the best time to feed them. This functionality is great because it helps you to know the deer's feeding times, and behavior.
Benefits of Deer Feeder
- The best feeders help you to attract deer to a particular hunting environment where you can easily hunt or view them.
- With the aid of feeders, you can easily choose the type of deer that matches your criteria.
- You can select quality animals that meet wildlife management rules
- The feeder saves you the time and energy that you’d have used to go out on a tedious, tiring hunt.
- Feeders help provide excellent hunting opportunities
- Beneficial nutrition that will keep your deer population healthy, and grow
What to Consider Before Choosing a Deer Feeder?
Easy to Install?
The first question you need to ask yourself is whether the deer feeder is easy to install. If you buy a feeder that is hard to fix, then it will be difficult for it to attract deer to the serving environment.
So, you want to make sure that you look out for the right brand that can be easily installed.
For best result, you can camouflage the feeder so as to suit that environment so that the deer won’t be scared of it.
Work in my Preferred Location?
Make sure you know where the animal typically feeds. This will enable you to know which feeder will suit that particular location. A good feeder that can be positioned in a way that will draw the prey away from their hiding place will be a good fit.
You should also remember to locate your unit in an area where you can conveniently add feeds to the feeder.
Work for Deer Hunting?
There's every tendency that birds and other animals may want to get the best out of your feeders. So, having a deer feeder that is designed to keep other animals away from it will be a breath of fresh air.
Make sure you go for a brand that is well-constructed in a way that birds and other animals would find it difficult to feed on.
Withstand Harsh Weather Conditions?
One crucial factor you need to take into account is to find out if your deer feeder can withstand harsh weather conditions. One way you can be sure of this is to buy a high-quality unit. Not only will this serve you for a longer time, but will also prevent wastage.
Look at for unit that comes with a metal or polyethylene material. The main aim is to protect the battery, the timer, as well as the feed from unfavorable weather conditions.
There are great feeders that will work perfectly well for you without putting a hole in your pocket. Have a budget and look at for a high-quality unit that will serve your needs and still fall within your price range.
Our 5 Best Deer Feeder Reviews
One great benefit about this deer feeder is that it allows you to assemble your feeder in less than 10 minutes without the use of complicating tools. That means you can take it to the woods and put it together with less effort.
Another nice feature about this product is that it comes with screws that allow you to stick your camera in every corner of the unit. With this feature, you’re able to get an optimal view of the deer from any angle and get to know the feeding schedule of the deer.
The easy-lock tripod is professionally designed to withstand any weather condition for an extended period. So, you are sure of a durable feeder that won’t wear out quickly and would stand the test of time.
Also, it offers convenient storage for deer feeds. You can open up the hinged top and load up to 200 pounds of feed. That’s enough for about four months of schedule nutrition.
You can also schedule up to 6 feed times a day. The tripod stand makes this product an excellent choice. The square legs are durable and don’t fall apart compared to the ones that come in circle feet.
- Fast and easy assembly in 10 minutes or less
- The Deer Feeder weighs only 30 pounds for easy transport into the woods
- Comes with automatically spin feed and 40-foot radius to keep deer coming back for more
- The digital timer is easy to use
- Weatherproof hopper and tool-free assembly
- Easy to program digital timer with field level indicator
- This feeder is rock-solid and dependable
- Squirrels may attempt to climb the legs of the feeder and eat what they want.
The Moultrie 6.5 Gallon has all the features you’ve come to expect from the pro hunter series. It includes a digital timer that can dispatch feed up to six times a day. This is because dispersion and automatic mechanism work well and are very easy to use.
The six and half gallon bucket with handle makes it easy to carry and refill.
If you want to install this feeder, you can simply use the Quick-Lock adapter to mount it to any hopper or barrel. You don't need any tool for installation! So, this function makes it easy and fun to install.
The pro hunter is covered with mossy oak break up infinity so that it will be nearly invisible in the wood. So this camouflage design makes it hard for some other animals to see it in the wild.
Are you worried that other animals will steal your stash? Then don't, as the feeder comes with a metal spin plate, with raised edges which protect the feed from Varmints and wind.
Also, this comes with a programmable feeder that can feed up to a day. The feeder also has duration feed time of 1 to 20 seconds and also a built-in battery level monitor.
You can also customize the amount of feed you want the feeder to disperse using the changeable settings. So with that, you can easily avoid feed wastage.
- A metal funnel and spin plate with raised edges protects the feed from wind
- It comes with a Built-in battery level monitor
- Comes with a Cage Guard to prevent squirrels and birds from getting into the feeder
- Easy to setup program; you've all the screw holes pre-drilled
- You can quickly relocate the feeder anytime
- Offers a 360-degree feed pattern for widespread coverage
- You may find it difficult removing the lid while hanging to refill
- There’s high tendency that the canister will rust in the long run
If you are looking for a robust and well-built feeder that will give you the best satisfaction, the On Time Digital Lifetime Elite Feeder is your best call.
The elite feeder can easily attract deer to feed. You can control the amount of feed that is coming through with the motor speeds control settings.
What makes this product unique is that the Lifetime Feeder is beautifully constructed to fit almost all hoppers.
Apart from that, the feeder features a high-torque, three-speed motor that allows you to adjust feed distance without affecting the spin plates. The feeder motor is reliable and last for years.
The programmed timer can dispatch feed up to six times a day with the help of an adjustable setting within 1-30 seconds.
This high-quality brand comes with an LCD guide that makes the feeder so easy to program by anyone. You will love the easy-to-set clock that makes sure the time is accurate and dependable.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty which makes it great
- Waterproof timer and screen
- Runs on reliable AA batteries that last for around a year
- Features a universal mounting that fits all hoppers
- The feeder allows you to choose full speed from 75% to 50% disperse feed rate
- The feeder is well-designed, dependable and quiet operation.
- The screws are tiny so just make sure you always tighten it
- After using it for a very long time, the top plate may get loosed up and sloppy
The innovation stands on steady tripod legs which are nice because you don’t have to look for a place to hang the feeder. The game innovation comes with a galvanized steel spinner plate and a durable 30-gallon poly barrel design.
The game feeder also comes with a scouting camera mounting bracket, with a built-in funnel to reduce feed waste.
The wide game innovation also comes with a digital timer that helps you to set multiple feed times and also control the link of the feeding.
Depending on how often you get to your farm, this can come handy for you. If you are somewhere where you can get back to your feeder every couple of days, or maybe your deer density is very high, you can set this thing to go up from three or four times a day.
The game feeders feature a wide variety of programming options that gives you all the control to manage feeding times.
The 35-foot dispenser range will be ideal for attracting deer without clamping together like many other feeders.
- The weatherproof barrel is easy to carry anywhere with all the parts inside
- Comes with a camera that you can attach to the unit
- Features a built-in funnel that reduces feed waste
- Larger feeder saves you the time not running multiple feed runs
- Customer service is excellent. They are very responsive
- Easy to program with several feeding times
- Gives the deer time to eat and not to be disturbed
- The clips to connect the battery and the unit are not strong enough
- No latch to hold the lid down
- It is quite heavy
The feeder is one of the biggest and most durable feeders that you can find in the market. The Redneck Outdoors can conveniently hold 80 pounds of corn. So, you don't need to come in often to fill the feeder.
The T-post feeder is designed to be mounted to standard seven-feet T-post or a tree using ratchet straps.
This thing can take a beating. It is nearly indestructible. The reason is that each post is made from heavy-duty polyethylene material and can be adjusted from 34 to 60 inches with a seven foot T-post.
And you know what I love so much about this feeder? It is maintenance free and does a great job of keeping the feeder clean, dry and secure.
You can adjust the flow of the coin with unique baffle design T-post feeders. This feeder is lightweight and easy to setup in just a few minutes.
The outdoor T-post has an extra wide mouth that makes it easy for deer to feed. The Gravity Feeder includes all the hardware and mounting bolts.
It also has a simple to remove the cover for quick feeling. The feeder is completely maintenance free.
- Versatile, durable, and flexible deer feeder anyone can use
- You can use the gravity for multiple mounting positions
- The feeder is waterproofed
- You can easily remove the top cover of the feeder to refill
- The deer finds it easy to locate the serving area without too much effort
- Has bolts and straps for attaching to T-Post
- It is so straightforward and efficient to use
- It can hold up to 80 lbs. of corn, so you will need to refill it regularly
- It may come with missing bolts
- It might take a while for the deer to get used to it
After carefully reviewing the top deer feeders, if I should invest in these feeders right now, I'd choose the Moultrie 30 Gallon Easy-Lock Tripod Deer Feeder.
The reason is that:
- The feeder allows you to assemble it in less than 10 minutes without tools
- Easy to program digital timer with feed level indicator
- Comes with screws that enable you to stick your camera in every corner of the unit
- Designed to withstand any weather condition for an extended period
- Comes with a rechargeable battery
- You can also schedule feeds up to 6 feed times a day
- The square legs are durable and don’t fall apart compared to the ones that come in circle feet.
Moultrie 30 Gallon Easy-Lock Tripod Deer Feeder
I hope you've found this article useful. If you have any idea you will like to share on how to choose the best deer feeder, feel free to leave a comment below.
Remember to choose the best compound bow is the first step sending you to archery world if you haven't got a any. We also want to learn from you too. Our aim is that everyone of us has the right knowledge in choosing the best products for our business.